Monday, July 6, 2009

It's time to make a Web Page

Holy Cow, I am a bit overwhelmed here. I have taken lots of pictures, cropped and resized pictures for my website. I tried to make them all approximately the same size. I am doing a website for my husband. (He was just sent packing from his job of 20 years) The name of the site will be "Wood Art - A Custom Made Legacy "He wants to start a homebased woodworking business. I typed up a few documents in word in preparation for this evening and I have created a storyboard to outline my thoughts.

Storyboard - to create a site map where each sheet represents a specific web page. Without a storyboard, building a website is a lot more complicated. It is important to know how many pages you will need from the start so that the website can be built correctly from the beginning. If you try to add additional links after you have already started, you could have problems linking them together. First the Home Page. I am going to have a Home Page. On the Home Page I will have links to go to several other pages. I will also have some rotating pictures and a breif summary of what the website is all about (Custom made wood items). The first will be the "Craftsman" page. There I will give a brief history of the craftsman and include contact information. The second one will be the "Custom Work" page. There I will explain that furniture and cabinetry can be custom ordered to your specifications. The third page will be the "Gallery". This page will have lots of pictures of items that have already been made. I do not have Frontpage, but if I get stuck in the mud tonight, I may have to buy it to work on this away from class.

No comments:

Post a Comment